-->

Oven Baked Denver Omelet

Post a Comment
Lately I feel like I am in a breakfast rut. My boys have been eating a lot of cereal and I wanted to try something new.  They like omelets, but they can sometimes be time consuming to make.  Here is the awesome thing about this breakfast.  It comes together in a matter of minutes and is ready in no time at all!

Oh.my.goodness.  There were so many things I loved about this Denver Baked Omelet.  It makes a big pan so it was able to feed my entire family.  It was packed with so many delicious things.  Ham, onions and peppers, and gooey cheese.  The perfect omelet.  The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your families likes.   Add in some bacon if you would like!  You can quickly pop this in the oven in a moments notice and have a delicious breakfast for the family!


Is it an omelet or an omlette? Apparently it’s both but I’m just going to go with omelet because it’s shorter. I already have spelling probs then they’ve got to go and throw in two different versions for words, the madness! :) More importantly though is how delicious this Baked Denver Omelet is!

I used to make omelets all the time but I think I stopped because now I have 4 people to cook for instead of just one. So now, the majority of the time I just go with scrambled eggs and I top them with sliced avocados. Now that I’ve discovered baked omelets though it’s likely going to become the way I make eggs much of the time. My whole family loved this oven baked version and it was so easy to make. Plus you most definitely don’t need to be a pro omelet shaper, you just add it all to a baking dish pop it in the oven and voila! A delicious low carb meal your whole family will love! Not to mention it’s a very versatile recipe, if you don’t like those veggies listed choose some you do and if you’d like swap out that ham for bacon or sausage or omit it for a (lacto-ovo) vegetarian omelet.

Remember to subscribe to the Cooking Classy newsletter to receive new recipe notifications delivered to your inbox!


Ingredients

  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
  2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter