-->

Baked Sausage and Cheese Omelet

Post a Comment
A delicious and easy baked sausage and cheese omelet. A great twist on a traditional omelet that’s so easy to put together, let it bake in the oven for a perfect every time breakfast casserole the whole family will enjoy.

"This Baked Sausage and Cheese Omelet is an easy breakfast casserole that only requires 5 minutes of prep! When it comes to a more simplified approach to cooking and feeding my family, the baked omelet has been an absolute favorite around here. It’s the definition of Simple Food: basic ingredients, classic flavor, and minimal dishes. I can spend 5 minutes on a weekend whisking together some ingredients, and then I have a quick and nourishing breakfast to get me through the week. I just keep it in the refrigerator and reheat the squares in the microwave for about 30 seconds when I need a quick meal."


I’ve never been one of those daredevils who lets go of the handles on a roller coaster as it’s going down a huge hill. In fact, I’m not even a big fan of amusement park rides in general — that out-of-control adrenaline rush just isn’t my cup of tea. If you know me well, then you know that I like an organized plan. There’s comfort in predictability, but the constant need to feel one-step-ahead of any situation can be exhausting.

The other problem with this approach is that when trying to avoid the unpleasant surprises, we often miss the joyful surprises as well. That’s why I have spent the past few months working really hard to just simplify my life. Instead of trying to predict what’s next and be ready for it, I’m actively choosing to embrace what comes my way with an optimism that I know it will all work out.


Anyone with children can attest to the fact that one, two, and three kids makes life an uncontrollable adventure. I’m not trying to reign in the chaos and swim upstream, but instead I’ve been rolling with the curves.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper (1 small)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (6 oz)

Steps

  1. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
  2. In large bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in bell pepper mixture and cheese. Pour into baking dish.
  3. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut omelet into squares to serve.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter