-->

Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites

Post a Comment
If you haven’t already figured out from many many many of my previous posts, I love appetizers. I could sustain myself off of appetizers all day long. A platter of just appetizers for supper? Sign me up. Yeah I know it sounds a little over board but I adore lots of “small portion” plates…combined together on one slightly larger plate to make a meal.

When we were in Denver a few weeks ago, for my birthday I choose to go to Texas Roadhouse. I haven’t been in a few years, it was near the hotel and I just felt like “bar” food. While I already adore their amazing rolls and cinnamon honey butter, we tried something new for one.

New meant these delicious Rattlesnake Bites. They aren’t what the name implies. They are delicious cheese and jalapeno filled balls that are battered and deep-fried until golden and melty. Well melty is my middle name. I’m addicted to cheese so these were a no brainer.


As you may have guesses we really like food, and experimenting with it when we go out. Different places different dishes. Heck I go from greasy spoons, to chain restaurants to some high end places. Any of the places we go we are always on the look out for recipes to try and bring home with us ( I have tons of pics of menus in my phone so I remember things lol) Well this is just one of those recipes. Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites is a great and simple little appetizer. There aren’t a lot of ingredients or steps to this one. It isn’t overly time consuming and let’s be honest it this one freaking tastes so good! But come on lol anything deep fried has to be good right?

They came to our table and we tried them for the first time and immediately I wanted to order another plate to bring back to the hotel with us for later. unfortunately I didn’t 🙁 But I knew that this was the first thing that I NEEDED to make when I got back to Minnesota.


Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup chopped fresh jalapenos
  • 1 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
  • 1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
  • 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
  • 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • Vegetable oil

Directions

  1. In a shallow bowl, mix cheese, jalapenos, bell peppers and 1/2 cup buttermilk (or milk).
  2. Roll the batter into firm “golf ball-sized” balls.
  3. Place balls in covered bowl and let them set for 30 to 45 minutes in the freezer.
  4. Take the balls out of the freezer and dip in buttermilk, then roll around in breadcrumbs.  You can do this in advance and place them in the freezer until you are ready to fry them.
  5. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
  6. Serve immediately with ranch dressing or Cajun horseradish sauce.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter