-->

MAPLE GLAZED BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON SCONES

Post a Comment
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones, I think I could eat one of these scones every day, I love them, and the other person in the family who would stand by me and eat one too, now lives in Toronto.

But and I honestly have to say that other two members of the family were not so convinced about scones, until I made these amazing Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones.  They are sooo good.

I have just converted the Italian and our youngest daughter to Scones!

I wanted to make the perfect Fall Scone, full of Autumn flavour and what could say more Fall than Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar?

Mix them all together and you have the Best Cinnamon Scones.



And an added bonus your house smells amazing too.

I decided to substitute white sugar for brown sugar because I love the taste combination with Cinnamon, and I love Brown Sugar.

I also discovered the addition of some half and half cream makes these richer and a little moister.

Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup half and half cream
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE

  • 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 tablespoon cream half and half

Instructions

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375°, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl beat eggs, then beat in cream, brown sugar and vanilla.
  3. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Then cut in butter until you have a crumb mixture.  Make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg mixture, stir just until combined.
  4. ..............................................

for full recipes please see : anitalianinmykitchen.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter