-->

Lemon Pancakes (flourless, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free)

Post a Comment
These Lemon Pancakes are light, easy to whip up, and delicious topped with jam! Made flourless, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free, these oat-based pancakes are a healthy way to get your day started.

Lemon flavor keeps growing on me – I swear I used to only love things if they included either A) Peanut Butter and/or B) Chocolate. I guess my taste buds have matured in the last few years, huh?

Do you love lemon flavored-things? Anything lemon?

logoFood Advertising by
My hubby is like that. In fact, I asked him a few years ago, “What dessert would you like me to make you for your birthday? Anything! Give me any requests! I’ll make whatever!” His response? Lemon bars.

Lemon bars… Let’s see, my only memory of lemon bars are ones that my Great Grandma made that I ate a few times when we visited her house. Looking back now, they were probably out of a box. I’ve learned now, that even though my Great Grandma sparked my Mom’s interest in baking, she only had a handful of recipes that she made well and she made them on REPEAT. And that was about it.

But – he’s been working on some things at his job that have been really stressful, so when I shoved – Okay, no, when I gently offered him a bite of pancake (Taste this and tell me you love it!!!) his reaction wasn’t quite what I wanted. 🙁

“They’re good… Could have a little more lemon flavor.”



Of course, that’s not what I wanted to hear. I did NOTHING different, made another pancake, and came back with another bite. You see, I wasn’t convinced. I thought the lemon flavor was perfect. Just because it wasn’t a face-puckering grit-your-teeth lemon flavor, that didn’t mean that the lemon flavor wasn’t plenty.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free, if necessary)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)

Zest of 2 lemons

  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or butter)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg

Instructions

  1. In a small mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients (oat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder) and stir till combined.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients (1/2 cup almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg) till all is well combined. 
  3. ..................................................

for full recipes please see : milehighmitts.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter