-->

Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken Breasts

Post a Comment
This version of garlic chicken breasts came about when I was thinking about the popularity of our Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken. That recipe has seen about 4 MILLION hits on Rock Recipes over the past couple of years.

People really like the intensity of flavour in that recipe, which I think is why it has been so successful.

I have been all about the quick and easy meals lately.  I just hate eating out and Little Caesar’s is getting to know us on a first name basis.  I love to cook but its just so dang busy around here.  I made a goal for this month that we would only go out to dinner on Friday’s and I would cook the rest of the week.  No matter how busy it was.  This meal had all of the things that I loved packed inside and was ready in just 30 minutes.


Quick. Easy. Minimal Ingredients.  Full of delicious flavor.  Can’t get enough of it… this is my kind of meal!

I like to debone my own chicken breasts so that I can roast the bones and skins for stock later. They are then freeze them until I have enough to cover a baking sheet then use the instructions in my post on making Chicken Stock here.

I was thinking of creating another high intensity flavour recipe but without a crunchy coating. I’d seen a photo on my Facebook timeline of a simple brown sugar glazed glazed garlic chicken breasts recipe and I first mistook the garlic in the glaze for whole grain Dijon mustard.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb chicken thighs deboned and skin on
  • Pinch of salt
  • Black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Pinch of salt

Instructions

  1. Debone the chicken thighs but keep the skin on. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken.
  2. Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken on both sides until cooked. Discard the fatty oil from the chicken skin but save the juice from the chicken. Set aside.
  3. Heat up a sauce pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and stir-fry the garlic until slightly browned. Add the honey, Dijon Mustard, water and salt. Stir to combine well. Transfer the sauce into the skillet, turn on the heat on the skillet and stir to make sure that the chicken is nicely coated with the Honey Dijon sauce. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter