-->

Oreo Truffle Brownies

Post a Comment
Whoever decided that the been-around-forever Oreo cookie smashed with cream cheese and covered in white candy coating tasted delicious was/is brilliant, I tell you.

But I’m not going to lie, the Oreo truffle itself can be a bit time consuming and let’s face it, they’ve been around for so long, it was high time to morph the Oreo truffle into…say…a brownie! Now that’s brilliant!


After seeing the general idea on Pinterest, I decided to create my own tweaked version.

Basically what we have here is a simple, rich brownie, baked and cooled and then topped with the famous Oreo truffle mixture. Drizzled with white chocolate (or white candy coating if you prefer) and woila! You have the Oreo Truffle Brownie.

It’s decadent. It’s sinful. And it’s seriously the newest, coolest way to enjoy the almighty Oreo truffle. Trust me, you don’t want to get left behind on this one.


My husband LOVES Oreo Truffles… almost a little too much!  Sometimes I think he would feel complete in life if he could eat those for the rest of his life!

I love them too, but I also LOVE brownies!

Funny story for you.

I don’t think it is normal for a person to think about food as much as I do. Seriously… It is UNREAL! It seems I think the most about food when I am supposed to be fast asleep… which is a problem.  People should not be thinking about food at 1 in the morning. My hubby and I were cuddling the other night falling asleep and then it dawned on me, in big neon letters in my mind, “OREO TRUFFLE BROWNIES.” Could it be?!  I immediately turned to my husband, who was half asleep, and shook him until I knew he was responsive, then said, “Derek! You are going to LOVE what I cook up tomorrow!”  I proceeded to go on and on about it and why it was such a fabulous concoction. Thank goodness he is so patient with his food blogging wife :)

INGREDIENTS

  •  1 box brownie mix — any brand (8x8 pan size) and ingredients called for on box
  •  Or you can use my homemade brownie mix recipe, baked in an 8x8 pan
  •  23 Oreo Cookies — divided
  •  4 ounces cream cheese
  •  1 cup chocolate chips
  •  1 teaspoon vegetable oil or shortening

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Bake brownies according to package directions, using foil to cover your pan for easy removal. Leave in pan and let cool completely. (The refrigerator can help speed up this process.)
  2. Finely crush 20 Oreo cookies in a food processor. Add cream cheese to food processor and pulse until mixture is combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the machine as needed. Spread over brownies and press to compact.
  3. Place remaining 3 Oreo cookies in a large resealable bag and roll with a rolling pin to crush.
  4. Melt chocolate chips and oil or shortening in a microwave safe bowl (on high in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth). Spread evenly over Oreo truffle mixture using an offset spatula. Sprinkle with Oreo cookie crumbs. Let set before slicing into bars. (Note: it's best to let these set at room temperature. If you chill them, the chocolate will splinter when cut, so be sure they are room temperature before cutting if you care about that.)

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter