-->

Lavender Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Post a Comment
My new obsession is frosting cupcakes. My oldest daughter and I binge watch Cupcake Wars each night dreaming of winning it all!  That’s the creative inspiration for our Lavender Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe.

When the Young Living Vitality line came out, I was over the moon to try all the uses for these oils. And of course, I reached for the Lavender Vitality Essential Oil first to pump up my buttercream frosting.

I learned how to pipe a buttercream rose from this amazing video. This woman is an amazing teacher and her work is beautiful.  She uses a 123 tip, but I was able to create a similar effect with my Wilton #125 tip.


Are you feeling the need for some flower power? These lavender cupcakes are so fun and easy to make. Delicious lavender-infused cupcakes are topped with a beautiful lavender buttercream frosting. They’re so simple – yet pretty enough for teatime.

When we moved into our new home, I promptly planted lavender all around our deck. It smells absolutely divine when it’s in bloom, and I’ve been wondering what I might be able to do with it in the kitchen.

I’ve heard of others cooking with dried lavender, but was a bit skeptical.

Of course, you can use whichever tip you like or none at all. The colored sugar on the swirled cupcake is Wilton Lavender Sugar Sprinkles. So cute!


But then I came across these adorable flower cupcake liners, and just couldn’t resist trying my hand at these little lavender-inspired cupcakes.

And I have to say, these turned out pretty amazing. And they really couldn’t be any cuter.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1-2 drops lavender essential oil

Instructions

  1. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
  2. Add vanilla, lavender, and milk and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter