-->

Baked Sausage and Cheese Omelet

Post a Comment
A delicious and easy baked sausage and cheese omelet. A great twist on a traditional omelet that’s so easy to put together, let it bake in the oven for a perfect every time breakfast casserole the whole family will enjoy.

"This Baked Sausage and Cheese Omelet is an easy breakfast casserole that only requires 5 minutes of prep! When it comes to a more simplified approach to cooking and feeding my family, the baked omelet has been an absolute favorite around here. It’s the definition of Simple Food: basic ingredients, classic flavor, and minimal dishes. I can spend 5 minutes on a weekend whisking together some ingredients, and then I have a quick and nourishing breakfast to get me through the week. I just keep it in the refrigerator and reheat the squares in the microwave for about 30 seconds when I need a quick meal."


I’ve never been one of those daredevils who lets go of the handles on a roller coaster as it’s going down a huge hill. In fact, I’m not even a big fan of amusement park rides in general — that out-of-control adrenaline rush just isn’t my cup of tea. If you know me well, then you know that I like an organized plan. There’s comfort in predictability, but the constant need to feel one-step-ahead of any situation can be exhausting.

The other problem with this approach is that when trying to avoid the unpleasant surprises, we often miss the joyful surprises as well. That’s why I have spent the past few months working really hard to just simplify my life. Instead of trying to predict what’s next and be ready for it, I’m actively choosing to embrace what comes my way with an optimism that I know it will all work out.

INGREDIENTS

  • 8 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry’s)
  • 8 ounces bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup about 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
  • 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
  • fresh chives (optional) or parsley, for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Beat eggs, milk, and seasoned salt together in a large bowl. Stir in sausage, cheese, and onion.
  2. Pour egg mixture into a greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and omelet is set.
  4. Cut into squares and garnish with herbs, if desired.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter