-->

Baked Salsa Chicken

Post a Comment
This Healthy Chicken Salsa Recipe is a super easy salsa chicken dinner. Now I topped mine with cheese, but if you want it healthier then you can top with low fat cheese or cut the cheese in half.  All you need are a handful of ingredients and a little bit of effort and voila! You’ll have a dinner your family will ask for over and over again. Enjoy!

My kids rave about this dinner every time I make it. I know your family will love it too. It’s a great dinner option that requires very little work.

This recipe couldn’t be easier… your favorite prepared salsa and a few other ingredients are all you’re going to need. There’s very little prep work involved so it’s perfect for those back-to-school busy weeknights!


I love recipes that come together with minimal effort and taste like you spent an eternity preparing them… this is one of those recipes!    It literally takes 5 minutes to throw together.

I shared this dish with my neighbor and she texted me telling me how much she and her boyfriend enjoyed it.  LOVE!  That’s one thing I’ve always enjoyed is sharing food with friends and family.  Speaking of sharing food, I’m getting ready to host the biggest celebration of my life in a couple of weeks feeding 50+ people and couldn’t be more excited (wish me luck!).  We’re celebrating the life of our dear friend who passed suddenly, my new house and my friend’s recovery after open heart surgery.


INGREDIENTS

  •  1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
  •  1 large egg
  •  1 cup dried breadcrumbs
  •  1 tablespoon taco seasoning
  •  3/4 cup salsa
  •  1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. If your chicken breasts are not even thickness, pound them even.
  3. Place beaten egg in a shallow dish.
  4. Place breadcrumbs and taco seasoning in another shallow dish; stir to combine.
  5. Dip each chicken breast in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, coating both sides with the crumbs. Place in an even layer in the baking dish.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken looks golden and crisp. Do not turn.
  7. Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken and top with cheese. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and chicken is cooked through.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter