-->

Valentine’s Banana Pops

Post a Comment
Valentine’s Day is coming soon and though I don’t usually fall victim to the pomp and circumstance of this holiday, I do love a good frozen banana pop every now and then so I decided to combine the two to share this simple recipe for Valentine’s Banana Pops.

I’ve mentioned it numerous times before that I don’t make a lot of complicated desserts because I would rather put my efforts into cooking than baking. That’s why recipes like this one I LOVE because it is so easy that even a child can help you out. In fact, that makes this recipe even more special.

When I started this blog back in 2011 (wow, almost 8 years ago!), it was a place for me to experiment in my kitchen with new recipes and get my then 9 year old to eat anything other than frozen chicken D. Now that 9 year old is driving a car and only has one more year left of high school before leaving the nest



This blog was also a place for me to keep all of my crazy recipe concoctions written down (you know because I’m getting old and can’t remember what I did 5 minutes ago, let alone how I made a new recipe!) so that one day my girls, family and friends can come to one place to find something to make for their own families

Ingredients

  • 2 Bananas, peeled
  • 4 Lollipop Sticks
  • 2 c. Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Valentine's Colored Sprinkles

Instructions

  1. Start by lining a pan with parchment paper; then cut the bananas in half so you get two equal pieces per banana. Place a lollipop stick in the bottom of each banana, put on the pan; then freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight so the bananas freeze. 
  2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish or over a double boiler until smooth; then dip a banana pop into the chocolate, cover with your sprinkles and place back on the pan. Repeat for all banana pops.
  3. .....................................................

for full recipes please see : www.carriesexperimentalkitchen.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter