-->

Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes

Post a Comment
To slurp on after a heavy main course, to quench a thirst on a hot afternoon, to contrast the salty savouriness of a burger and chips, or most recently to pile things upon and re-name a freakshake. Is there any time that a milkshake of some sort isn’t welcome in our lives?

I’ve always leaned more towards stodgy chocolate goods rather than a light, creamy milkshake as a dessert or snack option. My boyfriend however is mad for milkshake at any time of day, so he, along with my nostalgic love of Nesquik, was the inspiration for these sweet little treats.

I tested this recipe on my work colleagues on several occasions until I was happy with it, and the recipe that matches the one before you today was described aptly by one of the office solicitors as “HOLY $H!T” tasty. So yeah, I’d say they went down pretty well!



I write to you today after a marathon baking session. I’ve made Nutella macarons (recipe coming soon), my favourite salted chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, a lemon cake, and Jaffa Cake cupcakes all in one day! One of my workmates requested a whole load of home baking for a party she’s having, so I was happy to oblige but I must admit I’m knackered now, haha!

Anyway, back to these cupcakes. How fluffy and pink and pretty are they??

Ingredients

For the cupcakes:

  • 200g (13 tbsp) butter/margarine
  • 200g (1 cup) Nesquik strawberry milkshake powder (or any similar brand)
  • 200g (1 ½ cups) self-raising flour
  • 3 large eggs
  • Pink or red food colouring paste (optional)
  • For the buttercream:
  • 250g (16 ½ tbsp) softened unsalted butter
  • 250g (1 ⅓ cups) icing sugar
  • 150g (¾ cup) Nesquik strawberry milkshake powder
  • Pink or red food colouring paste (optional)
  • Sprinkles and straws to decorate (optional)

Instructions
For the cupcakes:

  1. Preheat your oven – 180 C / 160 C fan / 350 F / gas mark 4 – and line a 12-hole or two 6-hole muffin tins with some paper cases. Pink or red look best!
  2. Weigh your butter/margarine, milkshake powder, flour and eggs into a large bowl all at once and beat well until fully combined and smooth.
  3. ..........................................

for full recipes please see : maverickbaking.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter