-->

NO BAKE MIXED BERRY CHEESECAKE

Post a Comment
Anytime I that I have made a Cheesecake I always made a baked one.  I guess I had this dumb brain issue that unless it was baked it couldn’t be that good.

Sort of like my issues with No Churn Ice Cream, and we all know how that is going.  I just can’t stop making the Stuff!

I came across this No Bake Cheesecake from a friend of mine and I decided to give it a go.  I was in the supermarket and I saw a package with a mixture of half blueberries and half raspberries. So I  bought them.

I am not a berry person, and never have been.  But as a topping for a dessert, oh yeah I can do that.

So what did I do?  That’s right called my healthy-she-knows-her-berries daughter.  My question was “So do raspberries and blueberries go good together”?  “As in cooked together”?



She proceeded to tell me that they were an amazing combination, one of her favourites.  So there you go, this No Bake Mixed Berry Cheesecake had a topping.

This post was written back on June 16, 2016 and since that time I think I have made this cheesecake more times than I can count.  My Italian friends and family go crazy for this cheesecake.

Ingredients
COOKIE BASE

  • 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (graham cracker crumbs or digestive cookie or even lady finger crumbs)(180 grams
  • 1/4 cup butter melted (55 grams)

CHEESECAKE FILLING

  • 8 ounces cream cheese (remove from fridge 30 minutes before using) (250 grams)
  • 3/4 cup powdered/icing sugar (85 grams)
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup whole/whipping cream (240 ml)

BLUEBERRY/RASPBERRY TOPPING

  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup raspberries
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

pinch cinnamon if desired

  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory

Instructions

  1. Place a glass bowl and beaters in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes before beating the cream
  2. .........................................

for full recipes please see : anitalianinmykitchen.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter