-->

CLASSIC VANILLA CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING

Post a Comment
Every kitchen needs the perfect classic vanilla cupcakes and chocolate frosting recipe.  Look no further!  You can find my family’s favorite Chocolate and Vanilla cupcakes recipe below.

You have to know something about my husband,  he doesn’t eat a lot of what I bake for the blog.  Now, don’t get me wrong, he doesn’t shun sugar by any means!  He actually may be one of the biggest sweet eaters I know, just like my dad was.  Growing up I could always count on my Dad to eat anything I whipped up in the kitchen!  My husband, on the other hand, he’s a pretty simple man.  He doesn’t care for stuffed and gooey, raspberry and lemon, or a luscious panna cotta.  What he does love is a simple classic vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.



A few weeks ago I was in the kitchen stuffing lemon cupcakes with raspberry ice cream for the Ice Cream Cupcake Challenge over at the Cupcake Project, when I realized the next day was Father’s Day.  Now Steve may not be MY father, but he is one fantastic father to our girls………and all I could think about was how disappointed he was going to be when he found out I was making cupcakes again, and they were not chocolate and vanilla.

INGREDIENTS:
For Vanilla Cupcakes

  • 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
  • 2 1/4 cups cake flour
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter (6 oz), softened

For Chocolate Frosting

  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
  • 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temp
  • 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
  • Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory

DIRECTIONS:
For Vanilla Cupcakes:

  1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line cupcake tins with paper liners
  2. Using a small bowl, combine milk, cream, eggs whites and almond extract and vanilla bean with a fork and set aside.
  3. ........................................

for full recipes please see : tidymom.net

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter